JUMBO is a systemic, chloro-nicotinyl insecticide with soil, seed and foliar uses for the control of sucking insects including Rice hoppers, Aphids, Thrips, Termites, Turf insects, Soil insects and some Beetles. JUMBO is widely used on Cotton, Rice, Chilli, Sugarcane, Mango, Sunflower, Okra, Citrus and Groundnut, and is especially systemic when used as a seed or soil treatment.
Trade Name: JUMBO
Common Name: Imidacloprid
Formulation: 17.8 % SL
- JUMBO is systemic insecticide containing active ingredient Imidacloprid, which belongs to the new nitroguanidine group.
- JUMBO is broad-spectrum insecticide, for use in a large number of crops for controlling sucking and some soil pests.
- JUMBO is acts as stomach and contact insecticide and has relatively long lasting effect.
- JUMBO is acts by interfering with transmission of nerve impulse in insects, unlike organophosphorus compounds, carbamates and pyrethroids, which act on nerve fiber membrane proteins.
- JUMBO is with this new mode of action gives effective control of insect strains which have developed resistance to traditionally used insecticides.
- JUMBO is with this new action of mechanism is ideally suited for rotation with other insecticides in plant protection schedule sequence.
- JUMBO is highly effective against sucking pests like aphids, jassids and thrips.
- JUMBO is of low toxicity with minimum impact on environment and an ideal insecticide for use under Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
Mode of Action
JUMBO works by interfering with the transmission of stimuli in the insect nervous system. Specifically, it causes blockage in a type of neuronal pathway (nicotinergic) that is more abundant in insects than in warm-blooded animals (making the chemical selectively more toxic to insects than warm-blooded animals). This blockage leads to the accumulation of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter, resulting in the paralysis and eventual death of the insect pests.
||DOSE (Per Ha)
||Aphid, Jassids, Thrips, Whiteflies
||Brown Plant Hopper (BPH), White Backed Plant Hopper (WBPH), Green Leaf Hopper (GLH)
||Jassids, Aphids, Thrips
||Jassid, Thrips, Whiteflies
||Aphids, Jassids, Thrips
||Leaf miner, psylla
Available in 50 ml, 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml and 1 litre.
There is no specific antidote. Treat symptomatically.
- Do not spray against the wind direction.
- Always wear protective clothing while handling.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink during application.
- Wash hands and body thoroughly after spraying.