Pioneer ® 45S42 is a high yielding hybrid. It matures in 130 -135 days,has got bold grains & high pod density. It performs consistantly across management & soil condition.
LAND PREPARATION & SOWING:
- Prepare the land by 2-3 ploughing with Disc harrow or country plough to a “Fine tilth” and pass a cultivator to remove the plant debris. The soil particles size should be like seed size.
- Sowing at optimum soil moisture depth & soil temperature
SPACING, PLANTING DEPTH, SEED RATE & PLANT POPULATION:
- Sowing at a depth of 3-5 cms adjust the depth based on the soil moisture
- Hybrids are to be planted in rows with 45 cms ( Rows) and 10-15 cms (P - P)
- Seed rate is 1.25 kg / acre. Use equal quantity of filler material like saw dust or fine Vermicompost or FYM to get uniform distribution of seed
- Use higher seed rate in case of poor sandy loams and other problem soils where plant loss is more
- Apply about 10 cart loads of well decomposed FYM per acre at the time of last ploughing.
|General fertilizer recommendation / acre
|Time of application
|At the time of sowing
|25 – 30 DAS