Maturity : 70 to 75 days
Head Colour : Fresh Green
Field Holding : 10 o 12 days
Head Weight : 1.25 to 1.50 kg
Head Shape : Round
Internal Structure : Good
Tips for Growing Cabbage
Soil : Well drained medium loam and /or sandy loam soils are suitable.
Sowing time : As per the regional practices and timings.
Optimum temp.for germination : 25 - 300C
Transplanting : 25-30 days after sowing.
Spacing : Early maturity - Row to Row : 45 cm, Plant to Plant : 30 cm
Late Maturity - Row to Row : 60cm, Plant to Plant : 45 cm
Seed rate : Early maturity : 180 - 200 gm / acre.
Late Maturity : 120 -150 gm / acre
Preparation of Main field : Deep ploughing and harrowing. ? Add well decomposed FYM 7-8 tones followed by harrowing to mix in the soil thoroughly. ? Open the ridges and furrows at required spacing. per acre Apply basal dose of chemical fertilizer before transplanting. ? irrigate the field one day before transplanting, make a hole at a required spacing to plant seedling . ? Transplanting should be done late afternoon, after transplanting light irrigation should be given for better and quick establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer : Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility
• Basal application before transplanting : 25:50:60 NPK kg / acre
• First top dressing 10-15 days after transplanting : 25:50:60 NPK kg / acre
• Second application 20 – 25 days after first top dressing : 25:00:00 NPK kg / acre
• Third application 10-15 days after second application : 25:00:00 NPK kg / acre
• Boron & Molybdenum should be sprayed at button stage